Leading: Relationships & Results
Length of program – 2 days
This two-day workshop explores and examines the leadership competencies (knowledge, skill, behavior) required to instill passion, engage team members, and, execute strategy. It highlights what leaders should know, do and be to motivate and realize peak performance.
Participants will understand and discuss managing versus leading, creating and communicating an inspirational vision, the power of trust, emotional intelligence and the expectation cycle. There is also a personal leadership profile that participants complete for focus and development as leaders – leaders who achieve extraordinary results through ordinary people.
- Define and explain the difference between managing and leading
- Understand leadership theories and models
- Create and communicate an inspiring vision
- Explain how to lead by example
- Define and explain Transformational Leadership
- Explain the basis and power of trust
- Develop a plan for managing up
- Identify the elements of employee engagement and motivation
- Understand the impact of the Expectation Cycle
- Demonstrate how to increase team and individual performance
- Understand and apply the principles of emotional intelligence and the affect of positive and negative expectations